Props to my Pops

As my wedding pics slowly come streaming in.. i wanted to give you a little update on one of my previous posts. Remember the struggle I had picking a song to play while I danced with my dad? Well.. Let me tell you.. I found the perfect song for my poppa and I.

Ever since I was little one of my favorite movies has always been Father of the Bride. My family quotes this movie all the timeeee... "The Chipper Chicken.." is a classic line around the Hansen household. Well.. i watched the movie right before the wedding and it hit me... "The Way You Look Tonight".. would be the perfect song. I know it might be cliche, but listen... after watching the movie I totallyyyy understood and could relate with the way my dad might have been feeling during that time.


I have always been close to my Dad and although he might come off as a 'rough' around the edges-hunter, fisher, outdoorsman.. He is the most tender, gentle, and classy man on the planet. This song perfectly represented the way I see my dad as a Father, and the way [i hope] he sees me as a daughter. I love that man!


3 comments

  1. I pray that every single girl have a moment like this - and are kind and good enough to remember their parents in the most perfect way. Thanks for sharing this moment - it's amazing. Oh - and he's not rough around the edges - he's kinda squishy (: Loves Hay.... you rock my emotional world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I nominated you for an award on my blog, but totally don't feel like you have to participate if you don't want to. :)

    http://ashnshae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Ashlee's blog ^^... I love it and you are so cute! I am now following!
    Kal
    www.kalleemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!