Out with the Old, In with the New

It was the Monday before Christmas, my first official day at home after quitting my job. Ammon woke up and headed out to work around 6:00am, and I remember him kissing me goodbye and falling right back asleep.

About an hour and a half later, I woke to a man standing in my doorway of my bedroom. I said, "Ammon?" even though part of me was freaked out cuz i didn't have my contacts in, and it was dark in the room. The next thing I heard was.. "hey babe.. so I got in a car accident on my way to work [i tried interrupting him at this point] I am okay. just a little freaked out. I have been trying to call you".

Worst wife award goes to me. Ammon had been calling me and texting me since about 6:15 when the accident happened, but my phone was on silent and I slept right through it all. Apparently it was pouring rain that morning, and although Ammon was going -10 under the speed limit, he lost control of his car when it hydroplaned and crossed three lanes of traffic on the freeway. He ended up spinning 90 degrees, and T-boning a car three lanes over. This then sent his car back spinning the other way until the back end of his car met the concrete wall. Poor Ammon's glasses flew off, it was dark, pouring rain, he couldn't get ahold of his wife, and he was so shaken up! Luckily everyone was okay, and he was able to get a hold of his brother in law to pick him up and bring him home.

Hearing this whole story and even thinking about it now makes me so nervous! Life is just so precious and I take things for granted too often. I honestly don't know what I would do if something would have happened to Ammon.. it makes me freak out just thinking about it. Ammon's car ended up being totaled, (which we expected) but the insurance company gave us money to help replace his old car with a new one. For about two weeks we borrowed a car from my parents, or made life with one car work.

Finally last week we were able to purchase a new car! Two new cars in 5 months for the Zitting family... that is definitely a record. Ammon's parents were wanting to sell their Sonata, so we pulled the trigger. Even though the situation was definitely not ideal, we are grateful for the way things have panned out, and in hindsight we can see the blessings shine through. SO! With out further mention.. here is the newest member of the Zitting family!

No comments

I love comments!